Great facts about Grapefruit
Before you eat grapefruit, here are some of the interesting things we found out about this fruit:
- One of the largest varieties of grapefruit is called Chinese grapefruit or Pummelos/Pomelos. They are mostly abundant during Chinese Lunar New Year celebrations because of its resemblance to the moon.
- Grapefruits are available all year round in California and Arizona.
- Among the colors of grapefruits are golden, pink, white and red.
- They originally came from Malaysia and Indonesia.
- About 75% of grapefruit is juice.
- One medium sized grapefruit is about 2/3 cups of juice.
- You can peel a grapefruit just like peeling an orange.
- It can retain about 98% of its Vitamin C even after being peeled for a week.
What’s in a Grapefruit?
The wonderful grapefruit is a very good source of Vitamin C which is also helpful to the immune sytems. It is also rich in antioxidants and is considered to be the best fruits in terms of the abundance of antioxidants found in it.
Known for its white or yellowish to pink and reddish color, this citric fruit can be sweet and sugary as well as bitter in taste. It is also low in calories which help in weight loss as well as the overall health of your body. So what can you gain from eating grapefruits?
Click on the arrow to continue reading more about the benefits of grapefruit