Are you feeling stressed? Perhaps life is going too fast and you thought about slowing down for a bit? If this is your case right now, meditation is the best way to go. What can you gain if you are meditating?
If you haven’t tried meditating yet, now would be the perfect time to do so as it can do many wonders to your health and body.
How to Meditate Well
If you have no idea how to begin meditation, here are some of the best tips that you can use. Following these easy steps will allow you to meditate on your own preference and time:
- For you to begin meditation, it is important to find a good spot to do this. If you have a garden at home, start there. If you don’t have a garden, find a room with good lighting and sit in a comfortable position.
- A good posture is needed during meditation. You can do this by crossing your legs, making sure that the spine is flat with your head placed up. Proper posture will help in balancing the mind with the body.
- Find your focus and concentrate on that. This means you need to pay attention to whatever is the center of your awareness. Breathing can also help you focus more.
- Keep your eyes open or at least have a soft gaze. Lower your eyes but don’t close it completely. Others will say that closing the eyes is more helpful but if you cannot concentrate with eyes closed, opening them can help.
- Stay relaxed and don’t overwhelm yourself. Focus on your breathing, this will help you calm down.
- Gather your thoughts and emotions. Count if it helps and let go of your inhibitions one by one.
- You can meditate with music on but always be aware of the time. If you are a beginner, meditating at least 10 minutes can get you started. From there you can move upwards to even longer periods.
Meditation and it’s Benefits
Here are a few of the most important benefits that you can get from meditation.
1. It helps you in accepting things the way they are
Since meditation allows you to explore your inner self you become more accepting of the things within you and around you. It is a fact that we cannot control everything and so through meditation, you can easily accept them for what or how they are and see their purpose in many ways.
2. It makes you happy
Meditation brings out the happy hormones within you. Studies show that meditation allows the brain to send more signal to the prefrontal cortex. The same cortex is needed for happy emotions as meditation decreases the signal on the right cortex which is responsible for the sad feelings or thoughts increases as. Therefore we can say that meditation helps our mind and body relax and happy.
3. It reduces stress in all levels
If you are feeling tired and unhappy all the time, it’s stress that’s killing you. Meditation on the other hand helps free the mind from any form of agitation or anxiety. Studies show that it also helps improve the capacity of the brain to handle all kinds of emotions so when one meditates, they can function well. This is also one of the reasons why even doctors recommend meditation to those patients who are under a lot of severe stress.
4. It helps you concentrate even better
Meditation teaches you to be more focused through proper breathing and counting. Through this, concentration becomes better and your mind becomes more focused in the long run.
5. It helps strengthen your heart as well as immune system
When your body is relaxed, the body created more nitric oxide; this helps in opening the blood vessels more and causes the blood pressure to drop and improves the immune system. Therefore meditation allows your body to be free from any stress that could lead to a happier and healthier you in the long run.
Meditation has been used by many people over the centuries. It takes years to master it so practicing this daily can help you be more focused and healthy. Undergoing stress can have harmful effects to the body and with the help of meditation, you can overcome it.
If you haven’t tried meditation yet start practicing this today and see how it can work for you. After all, we need to take care of our body and mind in all ways.