Dry scalp is a condition that occurs in many individual rising from children down to adults. It might occur due to lack of proper skin care or probably due to other temporary condition. One of the common problems associated with people suffering from dry scalp is the itchy of the skin. The irritation that an itchy skin develops may also lead to other problems.
Dry scalp signs can make you wanting to scratch your head and the scalp that comes out is referred to as dandruff or even lice which can get transferred when a carrier scratches their scalp in public places. However this skin deficiency needs restoring as soon as it’s detected. Meantime, below are some causes of itchy scalp.
What causes of Scalp?
Skin itchy varies. Therefore, read through the listed possible causes below to determine which is most applicable to one’s situation:
- Dandruff is a common problem. This occurs by several factors such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and more
- When you suffer from itchy skin and dandruff, it could mean that one suffering from a scalp infection which could be fungal in nature.
- Dandruff can be light severe, depending on the source major ailment or skin condition that brings it on in the first instance.
- In young one’s itchy scalp sometime develop due to attack of lice. Lice are parasites that feed on the blood from scalp. The saliva of the parasite produces an allergic reaction for which the hair or scalp itches.
How you can to get rid of your Scalp
Use of Lemon juice
Lemon juice has antiseptic properties powerful for healing dry and itchy scalp. It’s particularly used to get rid of dandruff.
Lemon juice directions
Apply fresh juice on evenly on the dry scalp affected area. Allow it to stay for 5 minutes to dry off the scalp and then rinse off with shampoo. But if you’re not having dandruff, add few drops of water to the lemon juice to dilute.
Better still, mix your lemon juice with yogurt and use it on the scalp spots for several minutes before rinsing your hair with shampoo. Do this daily until dryness and itchiness eliminates.
Look up for Lice
Presence of head lice in hair causes itchiness of the scalp. If you want to know if you’re having head lice, ask some to check for tiny whites eggs on your hair strands and if any is found, which mean you’re a carrier. To get rid of them, shampoo your hair to get rid of lice that causes dry scalp. You can as well purchase Mayonnaise which is a natural treatment for hair lice.
Tea Oil Tree
The powerful tea tree oil function as anti fungal which destroy the bacteria causing excess production of skin cells that makes white flakes. The oil tea tree assists to sooth scalp when its mix with shampoo or hair conditioner.
Tea tree oil direction
- Mix five to six drops of tea tree oil in your conditioner or shampoo. Use the mixture to wash hair and scalp. Repeat this process at least twice daily for the next 2 weeks.
- Another option is dissolved 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil in 1teaspoon of vegetable oil and apply the mixture onto the affected area. Use for at least two weeks and you will see healing wonders of oil tea tree.
Using Hot Oil
The use of hot oil is one of the remedies for curing scalp and itchy problems, which has been in use before the orthodox methods. The oil aid the scalp to absorb moisture and lessen the dryness felt on the scalp.
Hot oil usage guide
- Put some olive oil in a aluminum can and warm it
- Add few drops of honey
- Apply it on the scalp for some minutes
- Shampoo off the hair after a several minutes.
Scalp Should be protected from Sun
If you’re having suffering from dry scalp, avoid staying under the sun for long hours. If your work, requires staying under the sun then wear cap to protect the scalp from sunshine. The longer the vulnerability of the affected area lowers the scalp oil content and there by leading to dryness and itchy scalp.
The Apple Cider Vinegar Method
Another effective anti-inflammatory substance that eliminates yeast and virus that causes scalp and itchiness is apple cider vinegar. It also helps to regulate the scalp pH levels, which help to respite dryness and itchy scalp. Follow the easy steps to make your apple cider vinegar solution.
- First thing, wash your hair and scalp with water, leave it to dry.
- Mix an average amount of water and apple cider vinegar.
- Dab a cotton swab into the solution and apply it to the scalp directly.
- After several minutes, rinse off with normal water and shampoo.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
Endeavour to brush your hair on regular basis, especially those having long hair. Brushing your hair helps to spread the natural oil on the scalp and also helps to increase blood circulation.
The Wonders of Coconut Oil
The oil extracted from coconut fruits serves as healing agent for people experiencing scalp and dryness. For the itchy problem, get a small amount of coconut oil, warm it and massaged it to the scalp spots. Leave it to stay for several minutes before washing off your hair. For effective answer, use the coconut oil on regular basis.
Use a Good Hair Conditioner
Conditioners are good reacting agent for scalp problems. You can buy one in a beauty stores or prepare homemade natural conditioner
If you are not able to create natural conditioners at home all the time:
- Invest in a hydrating conditioner
- Choose a conditioner for the kind of scalp and hair quality you have
Are you suffering from cavities or tooth decay? Have you tried all the remedies know to you? You might have to overlook at some opinion or another. Take a closer look at all the point discussed above to find long lasting remedy and relief.